CONNEMARA 29 Oct-3 Nov 2018
The West Coast of Ireland is a very special place. Facing resolutely into the Atlantic, with nothing between it and the New World, it has been sculpted by millennia of Atlantic storms and the hands of the Gaelic people who live there. If you love the West Coast of Scotland and the Hebridean Islands, such as Harris & Lewis, then you will adore the landscape of Connemara. There are many similarities in the mountains and loughs (as lochs are called in Ireland), in the wide white sandy beaches and wild reed filled bogs. The people are friendly, the pace of life so slow and the land sparsely populated. To arrive here is to feel like going back in time.
Here are two short videos which give you a great feel for the landscapes we will experience while we are there. Just imagine what we can do with our cameras in this landscape…..
last place - TO BOOK email firstname.lastname@example.org
SINGLE ROOM £1,975
DEPOSIT DUE AT TIME OF BOOKING - 20%
5 nights single room accommodation at the Abbeyglen Castle hotel, Clifden.
Price includes bed, breakfast and evening meal.
Champagne reception before dinner
Afternoon tea and scones when convenient.
Transfer to Inishbofin Island
Transfers to and from Knock Airport and around the region .
Tuition from Valda and Doug
Max, 10 clients.
Flights, insurance, meals (apart from those listed), airport transfers, should your flight not coincide with ours.
Fitness level - moderate. Gentle walking.
Average temperature 10C
We have chosen to base our tour at the Abbeyglen Castle Hotel - a beautiful manor house hotel surrounded by extensive gardens and woodland and distant views of Clifden.
The price is £1975 per person. Dates are 29th Oct - 3rd Nov 2018.
All rooms are single occupancy and include breakfast, evening meal and pre-dinner champagne reception. Afternoon tea and scones will be available for those days we are close to the hotel.
All transport on location is included (together with airport transfers in Ireland if your flights coincide with ours).
We will be flying from Luton airport into Knock airport which is about 80 miles from our hotel. If you wish to coordinate your flight into Knock airport you can join us for the drive to the hotel. (details on flight numbers, timing etc will be provided after booking) Otherwise the tour starts at the hotel, if you prefer to make your own way there.
We are purposefully keeping the group small, limiting it strictly to just ten places, so that everyone gets lots of personal attention. We will be having two nine seater mini buses too, so plenty of space for everyone to spread out as we explore the area.
Our days will be spent out with our cameras exploring the beaches, rocks, hills, bogs and villages. We will make the very best of the weather conditions to explore and capture the essence of the locations. Because you will be travelling with us you know that rather than making representative images we prefer to capture the spirit, emotion and sense of place using alternative techniques such as multiple exposures and intentional camera movement – to make more abstract, expressionistic work. We also like to spend some time looking at your work and discussing it in a constructive way as we believe this can be a great way to help us all improve in our skills and vision, so some time on the tour will be set aside to do this. Participation is optional, of course. If the weather is too bad for a few hours at any point, we can always retire indoors and Valda and I will use the time constructively to show you how we process our creative images in Lightroom and Photoshop to further enhance your skills.
We are looking forward to a relaxed, fun and creative week in this wonderful location and hope you can join us with a small group of like-minded people to really immerse ourselves in the landscape, making our art and good conversation.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON EQUIPMENT – The ability of cameras to make multiple exposure images, like those we make, vary enormously. The only bodies which currently have the full range of blend modes to do exactly what we do are the Canon 5d mksIII and IV, the 5dR, 7D mk2 and latest 1DS. Some Olympus cameras have a Bright blending mode (please check your cameras manual), as does the Pentax 645z. The Nikon D500 and D5 now have the full range of blending modes, similar to the Canons noted above. You will need to check the manual for your camera to see if it offers multiple exposures. It is impossible for us to keep up with every make and model release. Most cameras (but please note, some CANNOT) can take two frames but they cannot blend them, but you can still make creative images using this facility. Whatever you camera is capable of, we will show you how to get the very best from whatever it is able to do. ALL cameras which enable you to control shutter speed and aperture are able to make intentional camera movement images. You will need neutral density filters to do this though. We will provide much more detailed information in the tour notes after you book.
TERMS & CONDITIONS.
By booking a workshop and paying a deposit you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. By accepting your booking and deposit, We agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each tour or workshop description is required at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the tour/workshop price is due a month prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made a month or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable. The date on which the letter or email is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total workshop price, and are as follows: 56 – 42 days before departure 50%; 41 – 28 days before departure 75%; 27 days or less before departure 100%. PLEASE NOTE; See clause 14 below regarding travel insurance.
If a client wishes to cancel a booking and transfer the deposit/payment to another tour we are happy to accommodate this request as long as the empty place can be re-sold. An admin charge of £100 will be made.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. The PayPal automatically generated receipt does NOT imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us. Please DO NOT book any hotels or make any other travel bookings until you have had this email confirmation from us (NOT PayPal). If we are unable to confirm the booking, even though you have had an email from PayPal confirming your payment, we will not be liable for any other costs you have incurred. We will refund in full your PayPal payment. This is because rarely multiple bookings are placed through the website outsell a workshop before the bookings can be closed. At our discretion an administration charge of £100 may be made for alterations or amendments to a booking. The transfer of a booking from one workshop to another is at our discretion, if made more than 57 days prior to departure, it may also incur a fee of £20. The intention to transfer should be notified in writing, emails are acceptable. At 56 days or less before departure cancellation fees will also apply (see clause 3 above).
5. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any tour or workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative tour or workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us. For the avoidance of doubt, as we are not party to any flight, accommodation or train bookings or car hire you make yourself and have received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of these in the event of holiday cancellation. You are referred to clause 14 below and clause 4 above.
6. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a workshop is not met, and if we have to cancel a workshop for this reason, we will not do so less than 10 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader may be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour or workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of a tour or workshop at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. The type of tours and workshops we offer require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and tour/workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour or workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
11. We do not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger. We will not accept liability for loss or damage to any of your personal belongings, including but not limited to camera and computer equipment, peripherals, mobile phones, baggage, clothing, documents, monies, credit cards, travel documents and so on. See clause 14 below.
12. We accept responsibility for acts and /or omissions of our employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
13. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the workshop leader thus giving the workshop leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour or workshop.
14. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour or workshop (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour or workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
15. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
16. Bookings for anyone under 18 years of age must be made by their parent or legal guardian. No one under 16 years of age may join a workshop with us, except by special arrangement with and being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who needs to pay the full workshop fee themselves also.
17. It is the customers responsibility to arrive at locations at the arranged time and with appropriate equipment, footwear and clothing. The customer needs to be healthy enough to participate in the workshop. If the customers vehicle breaks down, his transport arrangements fail for any reason or if the customer fails to arrive at a destination for any reason whatsoever the workshop must proceed without them for the benefit of the other paying customers.
18. The weather is out of our control. In poor weather every effort will be made to find a suitable location to continue the workshop or to take a break until it passes. If very poor weather is forecast in advance we reserve the right to contact the group and reschedule or cancel the workshop. If this happens you will have the chance to accept the rescheduled date or accept a credit towards a future workshop of your choice to the value of the cancelled workshop.
19. If we offer our own equipment to you on loan on a workshop it is not covered by our insurance. By accepting the loan of the equipment, if it is damaged (however minor the damage) or stolen, you promise to pay immediately its full new replacement value direct to us so we can replace the item or items from a supplier of our choice who has the item or items in stock to ensure we can continue to pursue our business. If the item is no longer manufactured this clause applies to the latest new item from the manufacturer even if the value of this item is considerably higher.
20. You are responsible for your own car parking fees, fines, and all other fees and expenses not directly and clearly specified as being included in the cost of the workshop.You are also wholly responsible for the safety of your vehicle, property, personal safety and camera equipment.
21. If you book any workshop or tour listed on this website but booked through or run by any other photographer, individual, broker or company is subject to their terms and conditions and your contract is wholly with them. Any issues arising from such a booking must be taken up with them directly. We are bound by their terms and conditions and have no influence over them.
22. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
23. It is this copy of our terms and conditions on the website which is current, in force and to which you and we are bound. All other copies in any other format and location are not binding.
24. By making a booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. Any person making a booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included in it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
25. Although our locations are always selected with safety in mind, we urge clients to check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advice page for reassurance.
Last updated 24.10.18